Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Day, A Week, A Month, A Decade


Time is a curious companion, never inconstant, always with you. Silently it passes by bringing change. Always on the move, yet never leaving your side. When I was a kid, I went out one afternoon viewing the world from the back of a horse, enjoying the mountains as we trotted along. Then it happened, the horse reared up and took off alone, for I was suddenly deposited on the ground with a terrific force. I could not move, the pain was intense, but my legs were not responding to my signal. Hoof beats sent a vibration through the ground, returning closer and closer. I tried to remain calm, but braced myself that I might be trampled. The good news was that I had landed in between two boulders instead of ON one of them. I could have died that day; I didn't! My inability to walk could have been permanent instead of the several weeks of recovery I did experience.

That was so many years ago, it can be measured in decades. My injuries did leave a mark, and pain has been a frequent visitor, never letting me forget that day, but it didn't stop me from life until a month ago. I was given no choice but to be still as could be. That old pain felt fresh as the day I fell. So, I slept and healed while I convalesced, our constant companion passed by several days that turned into weeks.

With a little bit of a smile, I read an e-mail from a dear friend. She declared that she still loved me in spite of the fact that I had not sent her a "Whisper" lately. So I apologize for the silence to my friends and anyone else hoping to hear a fresh "Whisper".

I'm here, I will keep whispering. It would be so nice to hear a word, a thought, or an opinion from you out there, the few, the faithful. Talk to me.......

                                                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment